TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Couple of questions....
People Seeking Info

Subject Couple of questions....

Posted by sorka on November 18, 2005 at 4:57 PM
  This message has been viewed 320 times.

In Reply To OK Folks, Time for the EGR101 class to begin. posted by Ash's Z on November 18, 2005 at 03:36 PM

Message 1) On a TT under boost, will stuck open EGR cause a rich AFR since it's a boost leak?

2) Not sure how a stuck open EGR while plenum is under vacuum will cause a lean mixture. I'm sure your right but I'm confused how that happends since the exhaust gasses are inert so should shouldn't effect thee AFR. Isn't that the entire point of the EGR to mix inert volume with the charge while under cruise to decrease combustion chambers (not exhaust) and increase fuel consumption?

Also, just a word of warning to others, I live in a CA smog check II zone and they *much* toughter on emissions. I got my Z smogged in May and the tech stuck a mirror behind the plenum to check for the EGR. He obviously wasn't very experienced otherwise he wouldn't have needed the mirror to see it. But if I'd removed my EGR, I would have failed instantly. I'm just hoping they won't noticed the missing AIV system.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.